The Top 10 Things to Do in St. Petersburg, FL
Explore the Area Around Our Beachfront Hotel
Tampa Bay is filled with activities and attractions to enjoy, whether you are into family-focused fun, artistic pursuits, or pro sports. Sirata Beach Resort - located just steps from 13 acres of beautiful white-sand beach - is mere minutes from some of the top things to do in and around the Tampa Bay area.
Top 10 Things to Do in Tampa Bay:
- John's Pass Village and Boardwalk - A waterfront turn-of-the-century fishing village, John’s Pass features one hundred merchants offering unique shopping, great food, the local fishing fleet, dolphin watching and shelling tours, boat rentals, parasailing and jet skiing. John’s Pass is within easy distance of St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Tampa, and just a short drive to the Orlando area.
- Fort De Soto Park / Fort De Soto Dog Beach - Located in the southwest corner of Mullet Key, at the entrance to Tampa Bay, Fort De Soto Park features beaches, fishing, nature trails, camping, boating, and other family activities, as well as a popular dog park.
- Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay Rays baseball) - See the Tampa Bay Rays under the dome at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Along with a number of amenities, visitors can see the Rays Touch Tank filled with cownose rays, plus the Ted Williams Museum and Hitters Hall of Fame.
- The Dali Museum - Come see the largest collection of Dalí's works outside Europe, including an extensive permanent collection and rotating exhibitions exploring the artist’s larger-than-life persona.
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium - Dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and release of sick and injured marine animals, Clearwater is famed for its public programs as well as its therapy and research. Visit and see rescued animals like Winter, a bottlenose dolphin fitted with a prosthetic tail that brought Clearwater international renown.
- Lowry Park Zoo - Voted the #1 Family Friendly Zoo in the US by Parents Magazine in 2009, Lowry Park Zoo is also a leader in the state for Florida wildlife conservation and biodiversity, granting guests the chance to see endangered wildlife in a lush environment.
- Raymond James Stadium (Tampa Bay Buccaneers football) - Popularly known as the "Ray Jay,” this stadium is home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as well as the NCAA's South Florida Bulls football team. For extra fun, visit during major events like the annual New Year’s Day Outback Bowl, the AGA/Budweiser American Invitational, or the Monster Jam monster truck event that marks the end of football season.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay - The classic theme park boasts over 12,000 animals, exhilarating live shows, and heart-stopping roller coasters. Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay is the ultimate theme park providing unrivaled excitement for the perfect family vacation in Florida, including a unique blend of world-class roller coasters, live shows and more than 12,000 animals.
- Adventure Island - Home to thirty acres of slides, pools, kid-friendly attractions, and dining, Adventure Island is a classic waterpark northeast of Tampa, Florida across the street from Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.
- LEGOLAND Florida - An interactive theme park with endless excitement for young children, LEGOLAND is the place to see cities, monuments, animals, and over 50 interactive exhibits & rides, plus restaurants, shopping, a botanical garden and the LEGOLAND Water Park.