TOP 10 DATE NIGHT IDEAS IN ST PETERSBURG, FL
It’s safe to say that St. Petersburg, Florida has no shortage of date night ideas. Whether you’re looking to kick back and relax with a gorgeous waterfront view, get all dressed up for a romantic, candlelit dinner, or experience an unforgettable adventure together, St. Pete has the perfect date night in store for every couple. If you’re looking to break away from Sirata Beach Resort for the evening, these 10 date night ideas are sure to give you and your partner a fresh and exciting night out in the beautiful city of St. Petersburg!
1. 1200 Chophouse If an upscale steak and seafood restaurant is your definition of a perfect date night, look no farther than 1200 Chophouse. This Chicago style chophouse has an impressive wine list, and they are known for their premium cuts of steak that are seared to perfection at a whopping 1200 degrees. Not to mention, this date night location is only a two-minute walk from Sirata!
2. Pia's Trattoria, Gulfport- Located in Gulfport, Florida just 15 minutes from Sirata, Pia’s Trattoria is hands down one of the best Italian restaurants in the Tampa Bay area. This cozy, romantic restaurant gives off all of the old Italy vibes as they spoil their guests with delectable Italian dishes made with fresh and natural ingredients. We promise you won’t be disappointed at Pia’s Trattoria.
3. Brewery Hopping- It’s no secret that St. Pete is home to some of the trendiest and tastiest breweries around including Green Bench Brewery, 3 Daughters Brewing, Mastry’s Brewing Co., and Sea Dog Brewing (to name a few).So, if you and your partner are beer lovers, you definitely won’t want to miss out on the chance to taste St. Pete’s amazing brews!
4. The Canopy- A St. Pete date night list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning The Canopy at the Birchwood Hotel in Downtown St. Pete. This swanky rooftop bar offers impeccable views of the bay with crafty cocktails, lite bites, private cabanas, live music, and cozy fire pits. If you’re looking to really impress your date, the upscale and upbeat vibes at The Canopy are a surefire way to do so.
5. Vertical Ventures- If you and your partner are looking for a fun and adventurous date to get your blood pumping, Vertical Ventures is the date night for you! This rad, indoor rock climbing gym offers rock climbing walls that are 40 feet tall and designed for both beginners and intermediate climbers. Plus, Vertical Ventures is located in Downtown St. Pete, so you will be in the perfect area to grab a drink and a bite to eat after working up an appetite.
6. St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club- Shuffleboard isn’t just for the older generation anymore! In fact, the St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club is a hot spot for locals and tourists alike- both young and old. So, grab a growler of beer from a nearby brewery and stop by on a Friday night from 7-10 p.m. for some free fun and a perfect Friday date night. And, don’t worry, if you’ve never played before, there are volunteers who will help show you the way.
7. Sports Game- One of the reasons St. Pete and Tampa Bay are such popular destinations is because of the abundance of sports teams! Between the Rays and Rowdies in Downtown St. Pete, the Buccaneers and Lightning in Tampa, and the Spring Training fields scattered around the Tampa Bay area, there are great games to catch virtually year-round! So, head on over to any of the Tampa Bay fields and arenas for a great game, some delicious popcorn and a high-energy date night.
8. Stroll Down Central Avenue - If you want to take a break from the beach and explore what Downtown St. Pete has to offer, look no further than a stroll down Central Avenue. Lined with cute shops, unique restaurants and fun bars, Central Avenue truly has everything you could want in a night out on the town. Start at the 600 Block of Central Avenue for some local shopping and vivid murals, and then venture out to experience all of the delicious restaurants and bars the city has to offer. You’ll be sure to fall in love with this unique city we call home.
9. Annata Wine Bar- Another Downtown St. Pete location, Annata Wine Bar is everything someone could want and more from a wine bar. Situated on the beautiful waterfront of Straub Park, Annata Wine Bar is as chic as it is delicious with wines by the glass, cured meats and cheeses, tapas and delicious dinner entrees. It’s safe to say this date night spot oozes romance.
10.StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht- Spend an evening aboard the StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht for a date night unique to the St. Pete area. You’ll find yourself cruising along the smooth Gulf of Mexico waters while enjoying a delicious, fine-dining experience where meals are prepared directly on the yacht. After dinner, enjoy live music and dancing as you take in the beautiful open-water views. The StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht is truly a remarkable experience that you and your partner will cherish forever.